Monday 31 December 2012

Day 7: Read the Bible in a Year

 
One of the greatest 'growth disciplines'  for any Christian is using a 'read the Bible in a year' scheme.

While it requires discipline and resolve, there is no substitute for reading the Bible cover to cover, because we're forced to read even the bits that we might naturally avoid and discover treaures we might otherwise miss. So often, I have also found that my reading for a particular day has been uncannily appropriate for a situation or struggle I have been facing.
 

Can I therefore challenge you to make a new years resolution to read the whole Bible in 2013?
 
I can promise you - you won't regret it!
 
There are lots of different Bible reading schemes available to suit every lifestyle, preference and diary pattern. The link below is to a blog I came across a few weeks ago which has helpfully gathered together in one place a collection of the most popular reading schemes available.
 
They are all free to download... you really have no excuse!
 
CLICK HERE to get to them.
 
The blog has got some helpful tips to get you started and you can then view and download the various schemes from here as well.